Assets form the base of the company’s measurable data that makes up the carbon emissions inventory. Making a list of your assets that are generating the emissions is a good first step. Once you have a list of assets you are ready to start using the system. For us to be able to create a reliable, transparent overview of your carbon footprint, it is vital that you leave nothing out when registering your assets.
- Click the menu item, Assets, to open the assets manager.
- Click the New Asset button to create a new asset. You can create or register your assets in different ways, depending on the modules you are using and your location.
- Manually entering each asset is the common means for EnviroMaster users at this time who are located outside of Iceland. If you are only using the EnviroMaster, click the Manual button. If using other modules, jump to that Section for further instructions.
- Select the type of asset you are creating from the dropdown menu. Your choices are:
- Enter the correct text in each of the Required Fields and remember to use a unique registration number for each asset, as this is how the system will identify each one. The Optional Fields are up to you.
- Click the Insert button to complete.
Under the Assets menu item you will also notice the items Map and Assign data. The Map is exactly that, a geo-location of that asset. A few more pieces of data are required to use this feature that are found in the Asset Card for each asset.
- From the list of assets, click an individual asset name.
- Notice the Asset Card (additional info) open to the right of the asset.
- For Asset type, Structure, you enter in the Latitude and Longitude.
- For other types of Assets (vehicles, ships, aircraft) contact your Klappir account manager for assistance in setting up the geo-location.
The Assign Data under Assets is a crucial step in the process. You will need consumption data in the system (see the Data Importing menu item for guidance).
- Select the type of data that needs to be assigned after importing.
- Data as Labelled by Source is the asset from the new consumption data that needs to be assigned to the correct asset. Use the dropdown arrow to select from your list of assets.
- Click the Confirm button to save.
You can review all Assigned data here too (Assigned Data button) to ensure that everything is correctly assigned for accurate emissions reporting.
Users can organize their assets into groups, and these groups can then be analyzed separately, either through the analytical tools or the built-in reporting tools. Sub-systems for individual groups can also be created, and the admin can choose which staff has access to different groups.
The grouping is part of the asset management. You group together different assets based on their common attributes. Groups can be anything and include all company operations in a certain geo-locations, divisions, stakeholders or subsystem, such as: cars, buildings, sea vessels, flights, etc.
- Open Assets in the side menu.
- Here you choose which assets you want to put in the group and then select a pre-existing group or create a new one. You can group ships, vehicles, aircrafts, and structures. Assets that do not fit into any of the four categories can be added as “Other”.